Initially when we did our studies we found the bores with smooth wearing and some with oval shapes at the bottom leaving a sharp edge. We are hearing some results of orings prematurely wearing out in less than a year. Along with that we are getting some reports of rough surfaces in the bores. We added a step in the instructions to smooth out the bores a bit with 400-600 grit emery paper. This is done by wrapping the paper around a dowel or drill and running it in and out a dozen time, cleaning out the bore and then installing our kit. This appears to help the premature wear issue substantially.
We have also run across situation where people are not reading instructions. Here are the biggest keys to a successful installation.
Remember we always ship at no cost replacement orings if needed.
That is it, happy shifting!
My name is Andy and we have been selling this fix since February 2010. Lots of success with it I may add. It is working for almost 100% of the people who tried it. Feel free to comment on the blog and I will try to update it when I think there is something good to share.Please take our survey if you have used our product as the detail in it will help us serve our customers better.